Many adults, especially women get blisters, cuts, sores, cracked feet and swollen feet and by the end of the day, the feet starts aching. Here is a simple natural foot soak remedy to treat dry, cracked feet.
Take neem leaves (1), mint leaves, lemon, baking soda and water. Get neem and mint extract(2), add the extract to water. Squeeze half lemon and one teaspoon of baking soda. Mix all the ingredients well. Soak your feet for 30 minutes.
- 10 to 20 Neem leaves
- 10 to 20 Mint leaves
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 Bowl Water
- To make the foot soak use neem leaves, mint leaves, lemon, baking soda and water.
- Take 10 to 20 fresh neem leaves, add to mortar.
- Add very little water before crushing.
- Crush the leaves well.
- Squeeze the paste to get an extract.
- Take around 20 mint leaves, add to mortar.
- Add little water to get the extract.
- Crush well.
- Squeeze the extract.
- Take water in a big bowl. Add one teaspoon of neem extract to water.
- Add one teaspoon of mint extract to water.
- Squeeze half lemon.
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Soak your feet in water for 30 minutes.
Directions for use:Soak your feet in this herbal water for 30 minutes. You can then pat your feet with a soft towel.
How does this natural remedy treat cracked feet(3)?
Neem leaves contain anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which helps heel cracked feet. Vitamin A(4) and vitamin B6 presents in mint leaves are highly beneficial for the maintenance of healthy skin. Mint leaves also have menthol an active ingredient, that has cooling property which is great for all skin problems. The other ingredient used in this remedy, lemon, is the best to deal with rough skin. The acidic property in lemon works better to softening the rough skin.
Neem leaves for skin
Neem leaves and its extract both contains anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and analgesic properties. All these properties do wonders in healing many skin diseases, issues and disorders.
- Applying neem leaves on face prevents new acne and pimples from breaking out. Grind neem leaves and basil leaves by adding little rose water. Apply this paste on face and body and leave to dry. Wash off with cold water. This treats acne and acne scars.(5)
- Make a paste with neem leaves, lemon and yogurt (6), apply this paste on the face to control excess oil production.
- To get glowing skin take neem leaves, rose petals and rose water. Grind and apply on face and body. Let it dry for 20 minutes. Remove the paste with water. Regular application of this paste leaves soft, smooth and clear skin along with a glowing complexion.
- Neem treats various types of skin issues like eczema (7) and psoriasis. As it has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties it soothes many skin problems.
- Neem has the ability to slow down the aging process. Apply a mixture neem paste and sandalwood powder on face. This paste cools, soothes and keeps all age-related skin problems away.
Mint leaves for skin
Just like neem, mint also has anti-bacterial, antioxidant, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. It is a common ingredient both in dishes and cosmetic products. Mint is a good moisturizer(8), cleanser, and has cooling effect, this is the reason it has been used in many cosmetic products and even in shampoos.
Blackheads are small bumps that appear when the dirt and oil settles in the pores and block them. Mint has the power to keep the pores clean and tighten them. It clears blackheads(9) and prevents from reoccurring.
Applying mint juice on face and skin boost blood circulation, ensures that the skin is well nourished. The antioxidant presence in mint leaves keeps the skin healthy and damage free.
Dark circle is another key problem caused due to various reasons, especially due to sleep disorders. Take a few mint leaves, crush and apply around the eyes and leave it for 5 minutes. Mint leaves creates a tingling sensation, which help increase blood flow around the eyes thus help dark circles(10) fade away.
To whiten the skin, take a slice of cucumber, 10 to 15 mint leaves and one teaspoon of honey. Grind all the ingredients and make paste. Apply this paste on face and neck, leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with cool water. This lightens tan, fade blemishes, prevents skin pigmentation(11), and finally improves skin complexion.
A combination of banana and mint leaves are a perfect match to get glowing skin. Apply banana and mint leaves paste daily to get glowing skin.
Lemon for skin
- Lemon contains a number of beneficial nutrients which helps improve the skin health. Lemon is naturally rich with fruity acids that gently removes dead skin cells, cleanse pores, absorbs oiliness and tightens age spots.
- Lemon juice is good for healing dark spots, freckles and age spots. Just apply lemon juice on the dark spots area. The citric acid present in lemons help clarify and bleach the skin.
- Homemade body cleanser can be made by using lemon, yogurt and lavender essential oil. Mix and massage with this will moisture the skin and helps remove dirt and bacteria.
- Lemon and mint juice is considered best for foot soak(12). It improves the work of electrolyte by correcting the level of electrolyte. Also keeping the feet in mint and lemon water before sleep gives the total body relief, which improves sleep.
- The magnesium content in this mixture helps reduce stress and depression. It relaxes the nerves and veins.
Follow the DIY and know how to treat cracked feet.