Gum disease and tooth decay start when plaque builds up under the gum line. Plaque’s are filled with bacteria and it can cause infections that affects the gum and bone, leads to gum disease. Initially the plaque can cause gingivitis, further it develops gum disease. It causes gums to become red, tender, swollen, inflamed, prone or bleeding. Here is a simple home remedy to strengthen gums.
How to strengthen gums?
Take 3 garlic pods, 2 cloves and 300ml water. Peel garlic pods, crush garlic pods and cloves. Place water in a pan. Add crushed ingredients to water and boil in medium flame for 5 to 8 minutes. Allow to become warm, strain the water and use this water for gargling. Repeat twice a day to strengthen the gums health.
How does this remedy work?
Garlic has anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties in it. These properties help fight against gum diseases. Keeps gum healthy is all about maintaining the good and bad bacteria in balance. Allicin a chemical compound presence in garlic prevents the bad bacteria that cause tooth decay from multiplying in the mouth.
Clove is incredibly effective and provides natural protection against the bad bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease. Clove truly delivers a number of benefits to oral health (1). The anti-inflammatory property of clove reduces swelling and irritation. It stimulates blood circulation, due to its hot nature, also enhances gum tissue health. The analgesic and antiseptic properties of clove is highly effective in relieving the pain caused by gum disease. Both these kitchen ingredients are works well effectively to strengthen gums health.
Garlic names in other languages
It is called as Poondu in Tamil, Lasun in Hindi and Marathi, Veluthulli in Malayalam, Vellulli in Telugu, Rasoon in Bengali, Bellulli in Kannada, and Lassan in Punjabi.
The various health benefits of garlic
Garlic is closely related to onions and shallots, it is a popular ingredient in cooking due to its strong aroma and taste. Garlic contains vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, Vitamin E, K and vitamin B6, fibre, selenium, magnesium, manganese, copper, potassium, phosphorous, iron, calcium, and zinc.
Reduces blood pressure
Allicin is an active compound found in garlic helps lower blood pressure, especially those who have high blood pressure also called hypertension. The high content of allicin provides garlic its ability to dilate arteries, thereby lowers blood pressure. Take 4 grams of garlic per day, either fresh or add it to your dishes. Garlic extract (600 to 1200mg) can also be taken thrice a day to cure high blood pressure(2).
Garlic for diabetes
Adding garlic in regular diet regulates blood sugar levels. Garlic stops and decreases the effects of diabetic complications, reduce LDL cholesterol, improves blood circulation and fight infections. Garlic is rich in vitamin C and vitamin B6. Vitamin C plays an important role in maintaining blood sugar levels and vitamin B6 is involved in carbohydrate metabolism. Consume 3 to 4 raw garlic cloves to lower blood sugar levels.
Garlic contains selenium which is known to have cancer-fighting properties. A clinical study conducted by Chinese Scientists found that consuming at least one raw garlic every day lowers the chances of tumor formation by 33% and reduces stomach cancer by 52%.
Treats asthma and common cold
Garlic has been used since ancient times to treat common cold and asthma. Mustard garlic oil massage near the nose, and on throat, lungs help treats chest congestion and common cold. Scientist have found that garlic has the ability to delay the hypersensitivity associated with asthma.
Aids in weight loss
If you want to lose weight, consume garlic every day. Because garlic gets to the basis of weight gain problem. To get flat belly, consume 2 to 3 garlic every morning and consume lemon water after that. This will increase blood circulation and help get rid of extra weight.
The various health benefits of Clove
- Consuming clove improves digestion by stimulating secretion of enzymes. Clove is good for flatulence, dyspepsia, gastric and nausea.
- Clove has anti-bacterial property which kills all the human pathogens. The chemo-preventive and anti-carcinogenic properties of clove is helpful in controlling lung cancer at its early stage.
- Clove extract contains phenolic compounds such as flavones, flavonoids, isoflavones, and eugenol. These are helpful in preserving bone density and mineral content. It also increases tensile strength of bones in case of osteoporosis.
- Clove is extremely good for gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis. Clove extract controls the growth of bad bacteria, which are responsible for various oral diseases. Clove oil is helpful to strengthen gums health.
- To cure headache, take few cloves, grind and make paste. Add little rock salt and mix well. Add this mixture to a glass of milk. This mixture is highly effective in treating headache.
- Ayurveda suggest that the dried flower bud of clove contains compounds that help in developing immune system by increasing the white blood cells.
Follow the below simple DIY and know how to strengthen gums healthy with home remedy.
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Cloves
- 300 ml Water
- To make the drink use garlic, cloves and water.
- Peel three garlic cloves.
- Add 3 garlic and 2 cloves.
- Crush the ingredients well.
- Add the crushed ingredients to water.
- Boil the ingredients well for five minutes.
- Allow to become warm and transfer to a glass.