Tiredness also known as reduced energy, fatigue, lack of motivation, physical or mental exhaustion. Many of us will worried about how to overcome tiredness? The main reason for tiredness may be anemia, depression, physical or mental stress, or sleep disorder. Food, diet and regulated life style are the three pillars of good health.
Here is a simple home remedy to overcome tiredness. Holy basil (Tulsi) also known as queen of herbs is the most sacred plant in India. Holy basil is well known for its medicinal properties. It has anti-stress, antioxidant, antiseptic, antifungal and anticancer properties in it. Holy basil contains a substance called adaptogen thus helps your body to adapt to stress and improves mental balance. Ayurveda recommends drinking holy basil water every day fosters clear thoughts, gives relaxation, and make a sense of well-being.
Take a glass of water in copper vessel, add 10 to 15 holy basil (Tulsi) leaves to it. Let the leaves stay in water overnight. Drink the water along with leaves on an empty stomach. This can help overcome tiredness, calm your nerves, relieves stress, and it increases blood flow to the brain.
Holy basil has many nutrients such as vitamin A, C, K, sodium, carbohydrates, folate, calcium, potassium, iron, copper, magnesium and manganese. It has bio-chemical compounds such as vicenin and orientin that acts as antioxidants.
A glass of holy basil water not only helps to overcome tiredness, but it also has many more health benefits.
• Holy basil water improves breathing, treats cough, asthma, reduces inflammation in the throat and dissolves mucus.
• It has the ability to flush out all the toxins from kidneys and keeps them cleansed and healthy.
• Improves bowel movements and avoid constipation problem.
• The anti-inflammatory property of holy basil treats stomach ulcer, sooth stomach, improves digestion, neutralises the acid levels and reduces acidity problem.
• Prevents cancer, allergies and headache.
- 10-15 Fresh Holy Basil (Tulsi) leaves
- 1 glass Water
- Take 10 to 15 holy basil (Tulsi) leaves and water to make the drink.
- Take a glass of pure water in copper vessel.
- Add fresh holy basil leaves to water.
- Allow the leaves to stay in water overnight.
- Drink is done.