Fennel seeds tea is an excellent choice for those looking to lose weight. This tea improves digestion, enhances metabolism. relieves constipation, cures colic and is also very refreshing. You can consume this tea thrice a week.
Fennel seed – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Foeniculum vulgare
- English – Fennel seed
- Hindi – Saunf
- Sanskrit – Madhurika
- Malayalam – Perunjeeragam
- Bengali – Radhuni
- Tamil – Sombu
- Kannada – Badi-sopu
- Telugu – Sopu
Some of the health benefits of fennel seeds tea are:
- Cures indigestion, flatulence and bloating
- Helpful to relieve stress
- Cures constipation and hemorrhoids
- Helps to promote weight loss
- Increases secretion of breast milk in lactating mothers.
- Controls high blood pressure.
- Regulates cholesterol levels.
You can consume this tea daily with no side effects.
- 1 tablespoon Fennel seeds
- 250 ml Water
- 1 teaspoon Palm sugar
- Unsweetened fennel seeds, palm sugar and water are required to make this tea.
- Take 1 tablespoon fennel seeds in a teapot infuser.
- Pour boiling hot water over the seeds till they are fully soaked.
- Add one teaspoon palm sugar to the seeds.
- Close with a lid and allow to steep for around 10 minutes,
- After the said time, remove the infuser.
- Pour the tea into a cup.
- Enjoy when warm.
- Boil water in a vessel.
- Add palm sugar and fennel seeds to boiling water.
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Switch off.
- Strain and drink.