Nursing mothers often worry about whether their supply of milk is sufficient for their baby, since the new born babies consume only breast milk for the first few months. If the body is not producing enough milk for the little one, don’t worry. All you need to do a little more attention to the foods. Also follow this simple home remedy to overcome breast milk deficiency.
Take 50 g Nut grass (Korai kizhangu), break the ingredient. Soak in water overnight. Grind next day morning and apply the paste as poultice on the breast to increase breast milk supply.
It is called Nagarmotha in Hindi, Tunge gadde in Kannada, Tunga Mustalu in Telugu, Korai kizhangu in Tamil, Nut grass and purple nutsedge in English, Cyperus rotundus Linn in botanical name.
- 4-5 Nut grass (Korai kizhangu)
- Water (as required)
- To make the paste use nut grass (Korai kizhangu) and water.
- Break nut grass into small pieces.
- Add pieces of nut grass to water. Soak the ingredient in water overnight.
- The next morning, add soaked nut grass to blender.
- Blend well into a smooth paste.
Nut grass has amazing health benefits
- A decoction made with nut grass roots can be taken with honey to treat diarrhea with mucus and pain.
- Nut grass paste can be applied topically to relieve skin itches and rashes. Nut grass has been used in many of the traditional bath powders because it prevents body odor and skin infections. You can also add Indian nettle leaves and turmeric powder along with nut grass to remove unwanted hair. Grind all the three and make fine paste. Use this paste on face and all over the body. Consistent daily use removes unwanted hairs and treats all kinds of skin infections.
- Applying Nut grass paste all over the body induces sweating and cool down the body.
- Regular consumption of nut grass decoction normalizes menstrual problems.
- Take nut grass powder with little ginger and honey to get rid of intestinal worms.
- Nut grass essential oil is very effective as massage oil. Never use nut grass oil directly, always mix with base oil like unrefined sesame oil or coconut oil. Nut grass oil can be used for massaging painful joints and inflammation.
Follow the simple steps in this DIY and know how to overcome breast milk deficiency with nut grass.