You can make a simple cocoa lip balm at home using a few ingredients. This lip balm is quick to make and lasts for a long time just like the other store bought ones. And you can customize the flavour based on your choice!
- 4 - 5 small cubes Beeswax Known as 'thaen mezhugu' in Tamil
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Cocoa powder
- 2 drops Raspberry essence
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- Take a few small pieces of beeswax, coconut oil for a carrier oil - you can also use almond oil, honey, cocoa powder and raspberry essence for added fragrance.
- Take beeswax in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat beeswax till it melts fully into a liquid.
- While the wax is still hot, add the other ingredients. Beeswax solidifies very quickly - so add the ingredients immediately. First add cocoa powder.
- Then pour coconut oil.
- Add a few drops of raspberry essence.
- Add honey.
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Here is the mixed hot wax liquid.
- Pour into a container.
- Close the lid and leave it overnight or for at least 5- 6 hours. And the lip balm is done.
You can use it multiple times each day and this homemade lip balm has no side effects.