Cinnamon has properties that can beautifully plump up your lips. This lip balm or lip plumper is simple to make and can help you get rid of chapped lips too. You can add a little food colour to the balm for a nicer shade.
Cinnamon – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Cinnamomum verum
- English – Cinnamon
- Hindi – Dalchini
- Sanskrit – Darusita/ Tvak
- Malayalam – Karuvapatta
- Bengali – Daroochini
- Tamil – Lavangapattai
- Kannada – Lavanga chakke
- Telugu – Dalchina chekka
Here is the detailed tutorial on how to make a cinnamon lip plumper / balm at home.
- 1 tbsp Beeswax Equivalent to 5 - 6 small beeswax cubes
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 stick Ceylon cinnamon Or use 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- You will need around 30 gms of beeswax, a stick of ceylon cinnamon and coconut oil to make this lip plumper. Coconut oil here is the carrier oil and you can substitute it with any other light weight oil.
- Place a few pieces of cinnamon in a mortar. (You can also powder it using a blender)
- Crush well with a pestle.
- Crush into a powder. Sieve to get finer powder.
- Take a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and add it to coconut oil
- Mix well.
- Keep mixing till the two ingredients blend well together.
- Now cut beeswax into small cubes.
- Place the cubes in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave till the wax melts fully.
- Here is a picture of the melted wax.
- Now add the cinnamon oil mixture to the melted wax.
- Mix well.
- Heat this mixture in a microwave again just for a minute or two.
- While the wax mixture is still hot, pour into a suitable container.
- Here it is.
- Close the lid and allow it to sit for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- And the cinnamon lip plumper / balm is ready for use.