Cough can be very irritating and tiring when not treated at the right time. Natural herbs are very effective in treating cough and it does not cough any side effects. Herbs treat cough and cold effectively and also boosts one’s immunity.
Licorice – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- English – Licorice
- Hindi – Mulethi
- Sanskrit – Madhurika
- Malayalam – Iratti Madhuram
- Bengali – Yashtimadhu
- Tamil – Adhimadhuram
- Kannada – Atimadhura
- Telugu – Adhimadhuram
Haritaki – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Terminalia chebula
- English – Ink Nut
- Hindi – Harad
- Sanskrit – Haritaki
- Malayalam – Katukkai
- Bengali – Horitaki
- Tamil – Kadukkai
- Kannada – Alalekaayi
- Telugu – Karakkaya
Follow the simple steps in this DIY recipe to prepare the herbal mix.
- 10 grams Licorice (dry)
- 10 grams Haritaki (Kadukkai)
- 10 grams Black pepper corns
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- To treat cough, you need Kadukkai (haritaki), licorice and black pepper corns.
- Place all herbs in a clean and dry mortar.
- Break it into small pieces, to make the blending process easy.
- Now, take a dry pan and add the broken herbs in it.
- Dry roast it for a minute or until you get the fragrance from it.
- Switch it off and cool it. Once cooled, add it to a blender and blend it.
- Blender powder can be fully smooth or coarse, based on your preference.
- Take one teaspoon or less of honey.
- Add one teaspoon herbal powder to it.
- Mix well and consume it.