Henna leaves (Marudhani in Tamil) have properties that are very beneficial for hair and skin. Henna leaves (Scientific name Lawonia inermis) can improve skin softness, cure fungal infections, stimulate hair growth, cure inflammation and also help to cure a variety of skin related problems. This henna hair pack can strengthen the roots of hair, give it a natural shine and boost hair growth.
As specified in the usage instructions, before using the henna hair pack, apply olive oil or coconut oil and then follow with the pack. This is because, although henna is very healthy for hair, it tends to dry out hair. Applying an oil before applying the pack can help to give a soft texture to hair.
This natural henna hair conditioning pack also imparts a very mild brown shade to existing black hair. For those with a different hair colour should check if this shade suits their natural hair colour and then use it.
Other benefits of henna:
Can cure foot corns and minor open wounds in the skin.
Can cure fungal infection in the nails.
Can help to treat ringworm.
Henna is used as a natural hair dye to dye grey hairs naturally.
Henna leaves contain anti-fungal, anti-viral and antibacterial properties.
Henna can prevent and cure dandruff, can prevent itching of the scalp due to fungal infections and can make scalp healthy.
It has been cited as a growth accelerator and was used in an ancient Egyptian formula to cure the loss of hair. The incidence of contact dermatitis appears to be extremely rare with the use of henna. Henna leaf have antiinflammatory & antiallergic effect.
Garcia, O. J. C., Tenon, M.& Bellido, J., Contact allergy to henna, Int. Arch, Allergy, Appl. Immunol, 114, 1997; 298-299.
Here are the step to make a hair pack using henna ;eaves. Lavender oil has been added for fragrance.
- 1 cup Henna hair leaves Known as Marudhani in Tamil
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
- 25-30 ml Water You can increase or decrease this based on requirement.
- Use fresh Henna leaves, filtered water and Lavender essential oil to make this henna hair pack.
- Place the washed leaves in a blender.
- Pour some water. Do not pour too much or the paste would become runny.
- Add two drops of lavender essential oil.
- Blend into a smooth paste.
- Apply olive oil from scalp to tip.
- After about 10 minutes, Apply the hair pack from scalp to tip.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild herbal shampoo of shikakai.