The statistics about possibilities of cancer in the current and future generations is something that definitely needs attention. While raw vegetables and fruits are great to fight cancer, they are also effective in preventing the occurrence of cancer. When it could be possible to fight and cure naturally just through our diet, why should we not try?
A cure would not come easy, but these juices will definitely make you stronger and fight the disease with you.
Mixed vegetable juice
- Bitter gourd
- Bottle gourd
- Celery stalks
- Cumin seeds
- Roast the cumin seeds.
- Grate ginger and add to the pan. Saute for just a few seconds and switch off.
- De-seed the bitter gourd and bottle gourd.
- Peel and chop all the vegetables roughly.
- Blend along with cumin seeds, ginger, salt and pepper powder.
This juice can be consumed on a daily basis without any side effect and is not high in calories.
All the vegetables used in this juice have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This juice is a perfect blend of essential nutrients and cancer combating elements. Always try to buy organic vegetables.
- Coriander (Cilantro) leaves
- Roughly chop two carrots and the cilantro leaves.
- Blend them together adding very little salt and pepper powder.
- You can strain it with a strainer to get the juice.
Carrots have compounds called polyacetylenes which helps to fight diseases and they are anti inflammatory. Thereby they help to reduce inflammation and also attack cancerous cells. Falcarinol present in carrots slows down the growth of cancer cells. Since the falcarinol gets reduced by 70% when cooked or boiled, a raw juice or just eating them raw is the best way to derive the maximum benefit.
Cilantro fights colon cancer due to its anti-bacterial properties and because of its property to reduce cholesterol. It also increases the secretion of bile thereby reducing toxins and in turn reducing the risk of colon cancer.
- Cilantro (Coriander) leaves
- Chop tomatoes and cilantro.
- Blend the tomatoes along with chopped cilantro, pepper and salt till smooth.
This is an excellent juice to fight cancer. Tomatoes are rich in a component called lycopene and also has lot of phytochemicals. Both these help to fight cancer cells. They are particularly helpful in prevention and cure of cancer associated with the cervix, colon, esophagus, pancreas, breast and mouth.
In addition, cilantro can also help to fight colon cancer.
Since too much tomatoes has been found to cause kidney stones, you can drink this juice twice or thrice a week.
Amla (also known as Indian Gooseberry) is rich in vitamin C and has lot of anti-oxidants. It can protect you from cancer as well. Let us see the method of preparation before going into the benefits.
- Nutmeg powder
- De-seed 5 – 6 Amla fruits.
- Blend along with a teaspoon of honey.
- Strain well to get the extract. You can also use a clean cotton cloth as a strainer.
- Add some nutmeg powder to the strained juice.
- This is a bittersweet juice and can be had during any time of the day – preferably in the morning or afternoon.
In Ayurveda, amla finds in usage in the treatment of various ailments and diseases. According to studies, the extract of gooseberry has anti carcinogenic properties and also prevents the growth of cancerous cells.
The simple orange juice that refreshes us can also be used to combat cancer.
- Orange oil (the edible kind prepared from orange peels)
- Remove the seeds.
- Blend the oranges to get the juice with pulp. (The juice with pulp contains ten percent more limonene that without pulp. Hence we are using a blender instead of a squeezer to get the juice)
- Add a teaspoon of honey, two drops of the orange oil and mix.
Orange peel has too many nutrients that fight cancer. It wouldn’t be wise to waste these peels. An important phytonutrient called limonene is present in orange peel which stimulates the detoxification system and thereby helps to fight cancer effectively. Hence we include them in this juice in the form of pressed orange oil. This is the simplest to make and also gives the required vitamin C intake for the day. You can drink this juice thrice a week. Citrus fruits including oranges have the capability of cutting down cancer risk by 50%. You can also add some celery stalks to improve the benefits the juice has to offer.
Grape and watermelon – Mixed fruit juice
- Grapes (Black)
- Watermelon slices
- De-seed watermelon slices and grapes.
- Blend them together till smooth.
- This juice is sweet and you need not add honey or palm sugar.
Just like tomatoes, watermelon is rich in lycopene. And lycopene is effective as an anti-cancer agent and is especially useful in fighting prostate cancer. The American Institute of Cancer Research has advocated the use of watermelon to fight cancer due to its properties.
Grapes contain many flavanoids and work well together and function as anti oxidant compounds that fight cancer cells. Extracts have been found very helpful in inhibiting the growth of cancer cells in the body.
Orange and cucumber juice
- Honey or Palm sugar (Depending on what kind of taste you would prefer)
- Peel the cucumber and oranges.
- De-seed oranges and chop the cucumber.
- Blend them together and add little honey or palm sugar when you blend.
- You can drink this juice everyday.
The benefits of oranges in fighting cancer has already been discussed above.
Cucumbers are largely grown around the world and easily available especially during summer. But this is rarely used for its medicinal properties and used just as a refreshing snack. Cucumbers contain pinoresinol, lariciresinol and secoisolariciresinol. All the components have the property to reduce cancer in the breast, ovaries, uterus and prostate.
Tip : Cucumbers generally are cultivated with lot of pesticides. So always try to buy organic cucumbers from the market.