Dark circles is a very common skin problem particularly in older women. Although not dangerous, it makes the skin look tired, unhealthy and aged.
One natural remedy to cure dark circles is cucumber. Cucumber is skin friendly, acts as the best astringent and skin lightening agent. Cucumber acts very quickly in treating dark circles. It contains manganese and beta carotene which helps reduces inflammation. The potassium content in cucumber reduces appearance of fine lines. Cucumber has anti-oxidants which slow down the ageing process. The water content keeps your eyes cool, and soothes skin.
The other ingredient used in this recipe is urad dal(split black gram). Urad dal acts like an effective scrub to remove skin dirt, grime and dead skin cells. Urad dal has skin lightening properties which help to remove tan, excess oils, and cleanses pores.
The combination of cucumber and urad dal works well together and eliminates dark circles.
- 5 - 6 slices Cucumber
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Urad dal Known as Split black gram
- Water (as required)
- Use cucumber, urad dal and water.
- Take urad dal in a bowl.
- Add water to urad dal.
- Soak for half an hour.
- Cut cucumber into slices.
- Add soaked urad dal to blender.
- Add cucumber slices to blender.
- Blend well.
- Wash face with a mild soap.
- Apply this paste on under eyes.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off.