Acidity is a condition in which stomach creates excess amount of acid. It causes stomach pain, ulcer, nausea, heart burn and gas. Natural remedies are available that can help to cure acidity.
Basil (tulsi) leaves with milk is an effective home remedy. Basil contains anti-ulcer properties in it which helps the stomach to produce more mucous which reduces the effects of gastric acids.
Cold milk is rich in calcium which absorbs excess acids, thereby reduces the symptoms of acidity.
Other benefits basil:
- Basically basil acts as a detoxifier, so it reduces the level of uric acid in the body.
- Basil is best for acute stomach problems.
- Basil water mouth wash keeps away gum diseases and mouth diseases.
- The paste of basil applied on forehead gives instant headache relief.
- Basil leaves are used as skin ointment.
- Basil extract instilled in ears gives quick relief from earache.
- Fresh basil paste can be applied on the wounds to stop bleeding
Here is the recipe to cure acidity.
- 10-15 basil leaves
- 100 ml Water
- 100 ml Cold milk
- Use fresh basil leaves, water and cold milk.
- Add water to pan.
- Add fresh basil leaves to water.
- Boil for a few minutes.
- Allow it to cool down and strain the water.
- Add the strained water to cold milk.
- Mix it well.
- Basil milk is done.