Cucumber salad with tomato, curry and coriander leaves can be very delicious at the same time very healthy snack for children. This is also a very easy salad to make which can help to boost iron and hemoglobin. Let us look at the health benefits of the ingredients.
Health benefits of cucumber: Cucumber contains high amounts of water in it, which helps to hydrate the body and skin. It is also a low calorie food that can be consumed by people of all ages. It is a good source of anti-oxidants and anti-cancer elements in it. the skin and seeds of cucumber contains beta-carotene, fiber, calcium and Vitamin A. Regular consumption of cucumber boosts vision and general body health. It contains iron, potassium, magnesium and manganese.
Health benefits of tomato: Tomato is a fruit/vegetable that is used in daily cooking and salads. It is rich in anti-oxidants, protein and fiber. Tomato contains 1.07 milligrams of iron, which is around 10% of the daily needs of iron for a human being. They are also rich in Vitamin C, potassium, calcium and Vitamin A. Regular consumption of tomatoes can boost your general body health.
Health benefits of Buttermilk: When curd/yogurt is diluted with water, it is called buttermilk. Buttermilk helps to flush out excess oil and also cools down the body. It soothes the digestive system and reduces acid reflux. It also soothes stomach disorders and prevents dehydration. Buttermilk also contains simple fat, enzymes that helps easy digestion and traces of protein.
Health benefits of curry and coriander leaves: Curry leaves and coriander leaves are used largely to garnish a dish. It is used in all types of cuisines, both traditional and western. The leaves are rich in iron, fiber, calcium, phosphorous, copper and minerals. They also contain Vitamin A, B, C and E, amino acids, nicotinic acid and flavonoids.
Regular consumption of this salad will boost the general body health, iron and hemoglobin in children.
- 1 medium size cucumber
- 1 small size Tomato
- 100 ml Buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 10 Curry leaves
- 10 Coriander leaves
- To boost iron and hemoglobin in children, you need a cucumber, tomato, buttermilk, little amount of - curry leaves, coriander leaves, salt and black pepper powder.
- First clean the cucumber and chop into small pieces. You can also grate the cucumber if your kid likes it.
- Place the chopped cucumber in a big vessel.
- Clean tomato and chop into small pieces.
- Add to the chopped cucumber.
- Clean and chop the leaves.
- Add to the chopped cucumber and tomato.
- Add required amount of salt and pepper powder for taste.
- At lest, add buttermilk.
- Mix well.
- Serve it!