Blood pressure and cholesterol are both related to health issues like heart attack, stroke and diabetic conditions. Fennel seed drink is an excellent home remedy to control both. Fennel seeds are rich in potassium and dietary fibre. The potassium content helps in widening the blood vessels and thereby reduces heart diseases. The fibre content in fennel seeds helps in eliminating bad cholesterol and keeps cholesterol levels under control.
Fennel seed – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Foeniculum vulgare
- English – Fennel seed
- Hindi – Saunf
- Sanskrit – Madhurika
- Malayalam – Perunjeeragam
- Bengali – Radhuni
- Tamil – Sombu
- Kannada – Badi-sopu
- Telugu – Sopu
Follow the simple DIY recipe to control both blood pressure and cholesterol with fennel seeds.
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 glass Water
- Honey (as required)
- Use fennel seeds, turmeric powder, honey and water.
- Add one teaspoon fennel seeds to pan.
- Simmer the flame and dry roast fennel seeds.
- Add roasted fennel seeds to mortar.
- Crush well into a fine powder.
- Add a glass of water to pan.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds powder to water.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Boil for a few minutes.
- Allow it to cool down and transfer to a glass.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon honey.
- Stir well.
- Fennel drink is ready.