Pitta basically deals with metabolism, digestion, and transformation. Increased pitta in the body creates headache, vomiting, fever, giddiness, heartburn, peptic ulcer, acne, diarrhea, skin rashes, itching, and excessive body heat. Here is a simple home remedy to cleanse excess pitta from the body.
Take one handful bael (vilvam) leaves, saute in sesame oil and add 250 ml of water. Add two teaspoons of cumin seeds and one teaspoon of palm sugar. Boil well and drink morning and evening 100 ml.
Cumin seeds – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Cuminum cyminum
- English – Cumin seeds
- Hindi – Jeera
- Sanskrit – Jiraka
- Malayalam – Jeerakam
- Bengali – Jeera
- Tamil – Jeeragam
- Kannada – Jeerige
- Telugu – Jeelakari
Bael – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Aegle marmelos
- English – Wood apple
- Hindi – Bael
- Sanskrit – Bilva
- Malayalam – Koolam
- Bengali – Belpatthar ka paid
- Tamil – Vilvam
- Kannada – Belladi hannu
- Telugu – Bilva
Bael leaves have number of medicinal properties such as antidiarrheal, antifungal, antibacterial, anti-spermatogenic, anti-microbial, and anti-diabetic. Bael leaves are considered best for cleansing excess pitta, jaundice, diarrhea, diabetes, and intestinal diseases. Bael leaves are one of the powerful herb for reducing pitta and removing natural toxins in the blood. Regular detoxification can be invaluable for maintaining good health. Consuming this decoction can cleanse excess pitta from the body properly.
- Bael leaves have wonderful health benefits too.
- Bael leaves have anti-inflammatory property therefore it has been used to treat inflamed region of the body.
- The antifungal and anti-viral properties cures number of infections in the body.
- It considered best natural remedy to treat constipation and it helps remove toxins from one’s intestine.
- Scruvy is a disease caused by vitamin deficiency. As bael leaves are rich in vitamins, it comes into the action in curing scruvy disease.
- Bael contains an organic substance called tannin which is useful in curing diarrhea and cholera.
- Bael leaves extract is helpful in treating respiratory problems like asthma and cold.
It is well-known for controlling blood sugar levels in the body. Bael leaves are laxative, which helps in producing the required insulin and controls the sugar level.
Caution: Bael leaves are not suitable for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
Follow the below simple steps and know how to cleanse excess pitta from the body.
- 1 handful Bael (vilvam) leaves
- 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 250 ml Water
- To make the drink use bael (vilvam) leaves, cumin seeds, palm sugar, sesame oil and water.
- Take one cup bael leaves.
- Add one teaspoon of sesame oil to pan.
- Add the bael leaves to pan.
- Saute the leaves for a minute.
- Add 250 ml of water.
- Add two teaspoons of cumin seeds.
- Add one teaspoon of palm sugar.
- Boil for few minutes.
- Allow to cool and strain the drink.