Our human body needs vitamins, minerals and water for its normal brain function and brain health. Food and water are both are essential to keep the brain healthy. Buttermilk is a good home remedy for brain health. Brain is about 80% water, 20% riboflavin, 8% magnesium, 4% folate, 8% zinc, 4% vitamin B6, 10% vitamin B12, 4% vitamin C, 1% vitamin A and iron. All these nutrients are highly important to enhance the brain function. Buttermilk is also a probiotic which is beneficial to the body and brain.
Drinking lots of fluids keeps our body disease free. Let us see the other health benefits of buttermilk.
- Buttermilk contains protein and amino acids which can protect the stomach lining from infections.
- The potassium content of buttermilk helps to maintain normal heart beat and also make it easier for the body to control blood pressure.
- Buttermilk contains good amount of water, thus helping to re-hydrate the body.
- Vitamins B6, B12 and other vitamin B that are the main component for producing metabolic enzymes. Buttermilk is rich all these vitamins, which helps to produce energy for maintaining all body cells process.
- Buttermilk contains magnesium that plays an essential role in controlling nervous system. It soothe and relax the nervous system in the brain, so it can make you feel sleepy. Buttermilk is good to treat insomnia.
- Vitamin A is important to keep healthy eyes. Regular consumption of buttermilk ensures eye health and prevents eye disorder.
- Buttermilk contains iron and it plays an important role in red blood cells formation and function.
- Buttermilk promotes healthy digestion. The beneficial bacteria in buttermilk keep the intestine and digestion tract healthy.
- Zinc, a mineral present in buttermilk can improve the immune system and strengthen the immune cells.
- Calcium content in buttermilk ensures healthy bones and keeps the bone strong.
- Protein, vitamin C and antioxidants help to nourish the skin and make it look fairer. Buttermilk can also be applied on the face as face mask to gain smooth and glowing skin.
- Buttermilk can be applied on the scalp and hair to get smooth and shiny hair.
Follow the simple steps in this recipe and know how to maintain brain health with buttermilk.
- 500 ml Buttermilk
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Use 500 ml buttermilk, 1/2 lemon and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Squeeze lemon juice to buttermilk.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Mix the ingredients well.