Weight loss is something very important in weight management process. Since the rate of obesity is going high all over the world recently, weight loss using natural remedies is much safer than pills and medicines. Weight loss can be done through many ways with the support of proper diet. One who tries to reduce weight must consume nutrition rich food and work out for better results.
This DIY explains how to prepare bottle gourd juice for weight loss.
Ingredients used in this juice are – bottle gourd, mint leaves, cumin powder, black pepper powder and salt. Though bottle gourd is the main ingredient, other ingredients are added for better taste and benefits.
Benefits of bottle gourd: Bottle gourd is a vegetable that contains 96% water in it. It is available all over the world and in all seasons. Apart from high amount of water in it, bottle gourd contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B, iron, potassium and sodium. Bottle gourd juice contains zero cholesterol and very less calories, which is ideal for weight loss. Bottle gourd is easy to use and making a juice from it is even easier. Other than weight loss, bottle gourd helps in treating digestion issues and cures constipation. It hydrates the body effectively since it contains plenty of water. the diuretic nature if this vegetable treats urinary infections and helps to remove toxins from your body.
Benefits of mint leaves: Mint leaves, also called as pudina, contains many health benefits. Though it is used largely for cooking, it is also used in natural medicines to treat many ailments. Mint leaves promote healthy intestines, improves digestion, improves memory, treats nausea and promotes good oral health. Studies show that mint leaves can reduce depression and improve the respiratory health too.
When bottle gourd juice is consumed on a regular basis, it helps to lose weight and also helps you get essential nutrients from it.
In Ayurveda, bottle gourd is advocated for treatment of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, flatulence, cooling properties, liver diseases, weight loss and other associated benefits.
Prajapati RP, Kalariya M, Parmar SK, Sheth NR. Phytochemical and pharmacological review of Lagenaria siceraria. J Ayurveda Integr Med. 2010;1:266–72.
Bottle gourd is also considered one of the best weight loss foods since it is 96 percent water and provides just 12 calories per 100g of serving.
Minocha, S., 2015. AN OVERVIEW ON LAGENARIA SICERARIA (BOTTLE GOURD). Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research, 4(3), pp. 4-10.
- 1/2 Bottle gourd (medium sized)
- 10 Mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- To prepare this drink, you need bottle gourd, mint leaves, salt, cumin powder and black pepper powder.
- First, clean the bottle gourd. Remove the skin and seeds from it. Chop the flesh into small pieces.
- Add chopped bottle gourd to blender.
- Add clean mint leaves to blender.
- Add cumin powder.
- Add required amount of salt for taste. (optional)
- Add black pepper powder.
- Add little water and blend.
- Dilute the mix with water and consume it.
- Drink this once a day in the morning before or after food, leaving half an hour gap before or after food.
- Do not make large quantities and store in refrigerator. This drink should be consumed when it is fresh.