A smoothie made using blueberries and basil leaves (sweet basil and holy basil) is a holistic drink that can be excellent for your child’s health. This blueberry smoothie is very tasty and is hence easy for you to make your kid drink it!
Health benefits of blueberries
Contains high amounts of folate, Vitamin C, B6 and phytonutrients.
Helps to build immunity and prevents free radical damage due to the presence of anti-oxidants. It is in fact considered a super food due to the high amounts of anti-oxidants present in it. Especially anthocyanins are extremely beneficial for building immunity in children.
Is good for overall respiratory health.
Since these berries do not contain cholesterol, they are good for heart health.
Delays signs of aging and can prevent cancer.
It is also good for kids with obesity as it can help them gain nutrition without any unhealthy weight gain.
Benefits of Basil leaves
Both Sweet Basil and Holy basil have amazing benefits for overall health. They are especially good for respiratory health of your kids. Some of the other benefits of basil are:
- Anti microbial properties to fight against various diseases and infections
- Has anti-inflammatory properties and can promote healing
- Helps to build immunity and prevent terminal illnesses such as cancer
- Can improve cardiac health and keep the heart healthy. It is also good to regulate blood pressure
- Basil leaves can calm the nerves and help to reduce stress levels
- Useful in the treatment of respiratory illnesses such as asthma, lung disorders, common cold and cough.
- Holy Basil is the most celebrated herb in Ayurveda. It can help to improve digestive health and prevent constipation, gastric troubles and GERD.
- Holy basil acts as a detoxifying agent and a diuretic. IT hence helps to keep kidney function normal and prevents the formation of kidney stones.
Here is the recipe for blueberry basil smoothie.
- 15-20 blueberries
- 5-6 leaves Holy Basil Tulsi in Tamil/Hindi
- 8-10 leaves Sweet Basil Tiruneetrupachilai in Tamil
- 300 ml Water
- Take fresh blueberries, and fresh leaves of Sweet basil and Tulsi
- Take the blueberries and leaves in a blender.
- Pour filtered water into the blender.
- Blend on high for a few minutes,