Bitter gourd treats diabetes with its unique property, that controls and reduces the glucose levels in blood. This helps in regulating diabetes and prevents spikes. Research confirms that it contains lectin that reduces blood glucose concentrations by acting on peripheral tissues and suppressing appetite.
Thus there is good scientific evidence (Level B2) to suggest that momordica charantia (Bitter gourd) is effective in reducing blood glucose levels in diabetic patients.
Deng, R. (2013). A Review of the Hypoglycemic Effects of Five Commonly Used Herbal Food Supplements. Recent Pat Food Nutr Agric., 50-60.
The extracts of bitter gourd (or bitter melon) have been found to have a reparative effect on the cells of the pancreas while helping the organ increase the secretion of insulin as well as increasing the tolerance of the body to sugar, and so being beneficial in the treatment of diabetes, as well as its complications (nephropathy, cataract, insulin resistance, etc.)
Bina, R., Lal Jat, B., Pandey, M., Malhotra, J., Lalit, M., & Bugasara, P. (2014). Dietetic Corollary Of Momordica Charantia For Vivaciousness And Sanguinity. International Journal Of Pharmaceutical Research And Bio-Science, 141-154.
Follow the simple instructions in this recipe to prepare the bitter gourd extract.
- 1 medium size Bitter gourd
- 50 ml Water
- To treat diabetes naturally, you need bitter gourd and a glass of water.
- Clean and cut the bitter gourd to form two halves.
- Remove the seeds and flesh from the inside. We need only the outer green layer.
- Chop it into small pieces.
- Add the chopped pieces to a blender.
- Add water to the blender.
- Blend it well.
- Strain the water.
- Herbal drink to treat diabetes is ready.