Infections in the nail due to fungus can be very painful, can lead to discoloration or even losing the nail. A paste made using betel leaves and slaked lime can help to cure nail infections. Here are the steps to make the paste.
Reasons for nail infections:
- Too much moisture on the nails. Due to tight shoes or gloves.
- Using poor brand of nail polishes or using fake nails could also result in infections.
- Improperly treated injuries on the skin around nails can over a period result in infections.
- Too much exposure to chlorinated water and chemical laden detergents.
- 4-5 leaves Betel
- 2 teaspoons Powdered slaked lime Knwon as Sunnambu in Tamil
- 2-3 tablespoons Filtered water
- Take powdered slaked lime, fresh betel leaves and filtered water to make this paste.
- Chop or tear up the leaves and place on a grinding stone.
- Add powdered slaked lime.
- Add just a few teaspoons of water to grind into a smooth paste.
- Grind well as shown.
- And the paste is done.
- Apply the paste on the affected nail.
- Wrap with a clean cloth.
- Leave it on for a couple of hours.
Benefits of betel paste and slaked lime
Crushed betel leaves, turmeric and slaked lime all have antiseptic properties and can be used to cure wounds and infections.
Betel leaves can reduce hair fall when applied topically.
The anti-inflammatory properties of betel leaves can help to cure acne.
A face pack made using betel leaves and yogurt or honey can be beneficial to smooth skin and make skin youthful.
A betel leaf face pack can be useful to reduce dullness and oiliness from the skin. It can make the face look bright and glowing.
It can protect from germs and work as an anti septic too.
Slaked lime has been used for ages in the treatment of wounds. It can work with betel leaves to cure the infection and strengthen the nails.
Below are the steps for this remedy.