Aloe vera, the versatile thorny leaf is one of the best natural remedies. This label needs no introduction and its benefits are widely known. From its use for weight loss to its benefits for hair and skin, the goodness it has to offer is many.
Health benefits of aloe vera
Flushes out toxins and works as a detox.
Helps to lose weight.
Cools down the body and reduces body heat.
Can be used topically to reduce acne and dark spots.
Can be applied on the hair to condition frizzy hair.
Can reduce hair fall and promote growth.
Fights against diabetes by regulating sugar levels.
Soothes the digestive system and reduces pain and burning sensation due to ulcers.
Removes dark circles when applied around the eyes regularly.
Clears dirt and keeps skin clean and smooth.
Moisturizes skin and leaves it fresh and healthy. Is a great natural moisturizer for dry skin.
A juice of aloe can reduce bad cholesterol levels in the body.
Benefits of Turmeric for skin
Turmeric can treat acne and pimples.
Can delay signs of aging and prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
Treats stretch marks and other scars.
Soothes sun burn and damaged skin.
Can be used as a night cream to retain youthful skin and to prevent skin ailments.
Can cure scars due to pox.
A scrub made with turmeric can remove dead cells and make skin feel smooth and shiny.
Turmeric has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe skin.
Can gradually remove facial hair. But this will need regular application of turmeric either as a face mask or as a face scrub.
The results of this study indicate that topical application of Aloe vera can lead to significantly rapid wound healing and stronger repaired tissue.
Bassetti.A.,SaIa.S. 2005. The great Aloe book, first ed, La grafica s.r.l. Publication, pp 45,72.
Phytochemical analysis of turmeric has revealed a large number of compounds, including curcumin, volatile oil, and curcuminoids, which have been found to have potent pharmacological properties.
(FL), B. R. (2011). Herbal Medicine, 2nd edition – Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. CRC Press.
This scrub made using aloe gel, turmeric and brown sugar can cleanse the skin beautifully and give you an instant glow. The sugar exfoliates gently and removes dirt and oil. Head over and read the DIY beauty remedy.
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 inch piece Fresh Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Aloe gel
- 3 teaspoons Brown sugar You can also use Refined white sugar instead
- Snip off a leaf of Aloe vera, you can use fresh turmeric, brown sugar and honey to make the scrub ore enriching.
- Scrap aloe gel from the leaf.
- Add brown sugar to the aloe gel.
- Take a small piece of fresh turmeric (peeled) in a mortar.
- Crush the turmeric well with a pestle. If you do not have fresh turmeric, you can use turmeric powder instead.
- Add ground turmeric to the gel.
- Add some honey. I have used raw organic honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well together.
- And the scrub is done.
- Gently apply on the face.
- Rub in a circular motion for about 5 minutes.
- Wash off.